Location: AVTEL, Osaka, Japan
Salary: As per market standards
The successful candidate will be involved with projects from handover from the sales team until handover to the customer ensuring that policies and procedures are met and projects are delivered to schedule and to AVTEL standards. This will include the management on-site of AVTEL sub-contractors.
- Overall management of security projects
- Setting project timelines and monitoring deliverables
- Planning direct and indirect resource
- Leading each project through AVTEL’s project lifecycle
- Reporting to and liaising with customers during the project
- Managing stakeholder relationships and keep them and internal staff informed of project progress
- Identifying and communicating risks together with risk mitigation strategy and contingency plans to stakeholders
- Coaching and supporting project team members in relation to tasks assigned to them
- Ensuring project team members and subcontractors comply with health and safety regulations
- Controlling costs and resolving related disputes
- Forecasting costs on a monthly basis and achieving projected revenues and gross margins
- Co-ordinating and facilitating communication between the customer and AVTEL design team during the design stage of projects.
Skills and Experience:
We are looking for candidates with a minimum of 3 years operational experience as a project manager within a company delivering installation of Electronic Security Systems; Intruder Alarms, Access Control, Video Surveillance and Integrated Security Management Systems in high security environments.
Candidates must have native or near native ability in either English or Japanese language as well as being professionally proficient in the other.
The successful candidate is likely to have:
- Sound technical knowledge of electronic security systems and system design
- Knowledge of commonly used global security systems (hardware and software)
- Certification in project management or similar qualifications
- Strong interpersonal communications and presentation skills appropriate for diverse audiences
- Strong problems solving and analytical skills
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple projects at various stages of delivery
- Excellent understanding of IT and tools & applications used for the role