Project and Service Engineer
As our Project and Service Engineer, you will be delivering our Integrated Security projects. You will coordinate the projects using your combination management skills and specific security system knowledge; you will coordinate the project with the goal of project completion within specified time and budget.
- Responsible for managing projects including Testing and commissioning, on site installation, repair, maintenance and test tasks.
- Strong Project Management and Technical competency in all aspect of project cycle from Pre-Sales to Post commission completion.
- Service Calls: Problem solving and delivering closure on integrated security system defects.
- Undertaking Planned Preventative Maintenance (PPM) activity on existing systems.
- Full cost control and resolution of any disputes
- Programming of Security systems configurations, installing small additions and changes to the existing systems.
- Assist in Pre-Sales support including Bid preparation, Documentation and Costing.
- Undertake surveys and assist in preparation of pricing for works required at customer sites.
- Diagnose errors or technical problems and determine proper solutions and support engineering team in attending to service calls.
- Manage resources, track resource utilisation and resolve resource constraints to ensure service levels criteria are met.
- Deliver an end to end process with customers
- Communicate effectively with all stakeholders around project status and timelines.
- Comprehend customer requirements and make appropriate recommendations. Build positive relationships with customers
- Proactively identify risks that may affect response capability, specifications, budget and outcome of service quality.
- Produce timely and detailed reports on Projects and Services Support.
- Compliance with KPI’s, procedures and reporting requirements. Maintain high customer satisfaction ratings that meet company standards.
- Occupational Health and Safety compliance including subcontract liabilities
- Complete required training and development objectives within the assigned time frame
Skills and Experience:
- Preferred – Certification in Project Management or equivalent qualification or strong experience
- Must have – Proven 3-5 years’ work experience in the Electronic Security industry in an equivalent/similar role.
- Sound knowledge of the security systems industry and understanding of system design
- Experience/Certifications with major integrated Access Control / CCTV / Intruder systems / Perimeter detection systems
- Strong interpersonal communications skills and the ability to communicate across diverse audiences – Written and Spoken
- Strong problem solving and exceptional analytical skills.
- Excellent Negotiation and Influencing Skills
- Strong organisational skills in dealing with multiple issues & various deliverables
- Proficiency in Microsoft office programs
- Able to work under tight timeline/pressure and deliver results.