Location: AVTEL, Tokyo, Japan
Salary: As per market standards
This is an individual contributor role. Your primary focus is to undertake all aspects of financial management, including corporate accounting, regulatory and financial reporting, budget and forecast preparation, perform day to day financial transactions, compliance with internal control policies and procedures, optimisation of processes, etc. Your responsibilities will also include financial risk management.
Finance Business Partner:
- Report to Regional Finance Controller with timely and accurate financial information
- Work actively with Business units, Regional Finance and Finance Shared Service team.
- Coordinate all month end/year end closing activities including of posting of transactions and preparation of financial statement.
- Prepare and present financial reporting and variance analysis to the management team.
- Collaborate with regional finance team in areas of financial planning, updates, process standardisation and implementation of guidelines.
- Closely monitor cash balances with regular update of cash flow projection to Regional Director and General Manager.
- Review all financial plans and budgets and highlight risks and opportunities in a timely manner.
- Establish and implement financial reporting systems to comply with government regulations and legislation.
- Any ad hoc projects and reporting as required.
Accounts Payable/General Ledger
- Review and verify vendors’ invoices and resolve any discrepancies.
- Verify expense claims and process expense reports.
- Post transactions to journals, ledgers and other records.
- Prepare and review monthly accounts schedules.
- Maintain vendor files. Correspond with vendors and respond to inquiries.
- Perform account reconciliations.
- Generate age analysis and review AP aging to ensure compliance.
- Process adjustments.
- Prepare and process electronic transfers including corporate credit card payments and perform check runs.
- Post bank receipts and payment transactions in the system in a timely manner.
- Update bank reconciliation.
Audit and Tax
- Assist in finalisation of accounts with auditors.
- Resolve queries raised by the auditors.
- Prepare financial statement and schedule as required by auditors.
- Prepare information required for filing of corporation and consumption tax forms and returns.
Skills & Experience:
- Qualified member of an accountancy body or holder of an equivalent qualification.
- 5+ years of work experience in the similar role with hands on experience
- Possess strong problem solving and analytical skills.
- Critical thinker. High attention to detail, focused and reliable.
- Good inter-personal, leadership and teamwork skills.
- Proficiency in English language in addition to native or near native level Japanese.
- Good written and communication skills in both languages.
- With good commercial and business acumen
- Proficiency in MS office and ERP
- Ability to distil analytical results into clear and concise presentation material.
- Ability to build effective relationships across business groups and functions, based on mutual trust and encouraging others to do the same.
- Dependable, exercising discretion and confidentiality.