Location: AVTEL, Tokyo, Japan
Salary: As per market standards
We are looking for an experienced Purchasing Specialist to manage the company’s demand and supply of products and services. In this role, you will focus on devising and using fruitful procurement strategies, discover profitable suppliers, initiate procurement partnerships and negotiate with vendors to secure advantageous terms.
- Source, negotiate and purchase materials from both local and overseas vendors.
- Execute daily operational purchasing needs including planning, issuing and following up Purchase Orders delivery and shipment schedules.
- Evaluate supplier performance based on quality standards, delivery time and best prices, and ensure all organizational requirements and expectations are met.
- Evaluate quotations to ensure that they are in line with the technical and commercial specification required for the project.
- Resolve supply/quality/service/invoicing issues with vendors.
- Implement internal procurement strategies to enable high volume delivery and short lead time requirements.
- Create new vendor and new materials records in AVTEL’s ERP system.
- Coordinate with operations team and arrange necessary documents to ensure timely delivery of materials at customer sites.
- Verify the invoices and supporting documents received from vendors and submit them to finance department for payment processing.
- Track and report key functional metrics to reduce expenses and improve effectiveness.
- Monitor in-house inventory movement and complete inventory transfer forms for bookkeeping purposes.
- Collaborate with other teams to manage the procurement schedule, report on project cashflow and arrange documentation to ensure timely delivery of materials.
- Process deliveries and shipments in AVTEL’s ERP system.
Skills & Experience:
- 2 years of relevant working experience preferable in Electronic Security Industry.
- Excellent communication, inter-personal and negotiation skills.
- Native or near native ability in either English or Japanese language as well as professionally proficiency in the other language.
- Planning and scheduling skills.
- In-depth knowledge of contracts, invoicing and negotiation terms.
- Problem solver with strong analytical mindset.
- Familiarity with common computer applications including CRM/ERP systems and Microsoft Office (in particular Excel and Word).