Location: Remote (Work from home) - Australia / Singapore
Salary: As per market standards
Working as part of the Global Bid Services team, the role shall support the design and estimation process for complex and high value bids for defined strategic and major opportunities across the business. The Bid Services team work collectively in support of the entity General Managers, and Global Sales Manager, in alignment with their respective strategic plans.
The Bid Coordinator will play a crucial role in supporting the end-to-end bid process, working closely with AVTEL’s bid manager, senior bid estimators, shared-services, engineering, and local sales/estimating teams to coordinate the planning, preparation, and submission of all bid documentation (PQQ, RFI, RFP & final bids).
The role shall require the highest levels of attention to detail, strong coordination, and planning skills, as well as an ability to work under pressure and to demanding deadlines. Ideally suited to a person with experience in planning, producing, and delivering compliant bid proposal within a complex business environment; and a blend of abilities including process planning, document creation, proofreading, methodical working, loyalty, teamwork, and customer focus.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Assist bid manager to plan bid activities, and resourcing; ensuring all information is issued to stakeholders and contributors and that they have a clear understanding of bid timelines and submission requirements.
- Coordinate and track bid activities; and provide regular progress updates to Bid manager and associated stakeholders, clearly identifying any identified risks.
- Coordinate proposal input from relevant stakeholders, usually contributors from Engineering, Estimating, Legal, Finance, Operations, Shared-Services, and Sales.
- Collate documents for bid submissions and consolidate all content in required bid format, aligned to customer needs.
- Production and delivery of compliant, and professional submissions within customer defined timeframes.
- Ensure proposal documents adhere to Avtel branding guidelines, formatting, and quality standards.
- Plan and coordinate regular bid reviews with all stakeholders and contributors at all stages of the bid process.
- Coordinate final submission of bid documents in accordance with ‘bidder instructions’ including management of customer tender portals.
- Maintain bid documentation library and manage content on Office 365 and associated collaboration sites (SharePoint & Teams)
- Proven ability in the coordination and production of bid submissions at all stages of the tender process including pre-qualification questionnaires, requests for information, requests for proposals, final submission, and presentation.
- At least 3 years’ background working in bid management and delivery in construction, M&E, utilities, renewables, information technology, security, or comparable business sector.
- Ability to work in a challenging and diverse team environment, coordinating the activities of multiple functions to provide input to documentation to ensure timely and accurate bid submission.
- Strong organisational skills and ability to coordinate preparation of multiple bids with parallel timelines, with precise scheduling and shifting priorities.
- Robust skills in Microsoft Office 365 software suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Sharepoint & Teams).
- Strong team member, collaborator, and self-starter.
- Results focused, unrelenting focus on business outcomes.
- Effective communication and negotiation skills
- Experience working with people with a diverse range of skills, cultures, and work environments across a wide geographic area.
- Ability to set clear tasks and expectations for others; follow progress against tasks; and provide regular feedback.
- Delegate wisely; giving others the opportunity to act and make decisions. Develop capability and building confidence in others.
- Makes decisions effectively (i.e., timely, with available information/ perspectives).
- Present ideas and concepts that enables understanding, gain buy-in, and generates support from peers, dependencies, and stakeholders.
- Able to work under pressure and to challenging deadlines.