Project and Service Engineer
Location: AVTEL Singapore
Salary: As per market standards
You are responsible for delivering Integrated Security projects, and provide Service Support and maintenance services by using knowledge and experience of Electronic Security Systems.
- Manage projects including Testing and commissioning, on site installation, repair, maintenance and test tasks.
- Project Management and Technical skills in project cycle (Pre-Sales to Post commission completion).
- Service Calls: Problem solving and delivering closure on integrated security system defects.
- Undertake Planned Preventative Maintenance (PPM) activity on existing systems.
- Programming of Security systems configurations, installing small additions and changes to the existing systems.
- Assist in Pre-Sales support including Bid preparation, Documentation and Costing.
- Undertake surveys and assist in preparation of pricing for works required at customer sites.
- Diagnose errors or technical problems and determine proper solutions and support engineering team in attending to service calls.
- Full cost control and resolution of any disputes.
- Deliver an end to end process with customers
- Communicate effectively with all stakeholders around project status and timelines.
- Comprehend customer requirements and make appropriate recommendations. Build positive relationships with customers
- Proactively identify risks that may affect response capability, specifications, budget and outcome of service quality.
- Produce timely and detailed reports on Projects and Services Support.
- Compliance with KPI’s, procedures and reporting requirements.
- Maintain high customer satisfaction ratings that meet company standards.
- Occupational Health and Safety compliance including subcontract liabilities
- Complete required training and development objectives within the assigned time frame
Skills and Experience:
- Preferred – Certification in Project Management or equivalent qualification or strong experience
- Must have – Proven 3-5 years’ work experience in the Electronic Security industry in an equivalent/similar role.
- Min. Diploma in any Engineering discipline.
- Sound knowledge of the security systems industry and understanding of system design
- Experience/Certifications with major integrated Access Control / CCTV / Intruder systems / Perimeter detection systems
- Strong interpersonal communications skills and the ability to communicate across diverse audiences – Written and Spoken
- Strong problem solving and exceptional analytical skills.
- Excellent Negotiation and Influencing Skills
- Strong organisational skills in dealing with multiple issues & various deliverables.
- Proficiency in Microsoft office programs
- Able to work under tight timeline/pressure and deliver results.